help!

i know this question is stupid, but where do u get opengl? can you download it? if so, can u post a link to one? i use windowns XP

For windows you can download the headers, libs and dlls from http://www.opengl.org/users/downloads/index.html . You will want to read the FAQs and Documentation section as well as look at the links in the coding section for tutorials on how to program with OpenGL.

The dlls come with Windows since win95 and are included with winXP also.

[This message has been edited by shinpaughp (edited 05-12-2003).]

In openGL for games there are two parts to openGL, one part comes with the OS, like Windows 95, 98, XP.
The other is the openGL video driver portion which you have to get from the Video card vender.
Most main 3D video card makers support openGL like ATI and Nvada, but there are card makers out there without openGL support.

And any video card that does not support openGL in hardware it can be run in software mode but is very slow.
If you are looking for video drivers you need to visit your video cards makers website. It you have an ATI or Nvada card may already have the newest drivers on your system already.

As for programming most compilers come with the needed library files to compile a openGL program.

Originally posted by ggggggg:
i know this question is stupid, but where do u get opengl? can you download it? if so, can u post a link to one? i use windowns XP

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 05-12-2003).]