linking error?????

got a prog that compiles fin but when I go to execute it (via borland 5.02) I get the following errors:Info :

Linking C:\bc5\bin\solar4.exe
Error: Error: Unable to open file ‘GLUT32.LIB’
Error: Error: Unable to open file ‘GLU32.LIB’
Error: Error: Unable to open file ‘WINMM.LIB’

Any ideas what the problem might be???

There was a day when people started learning about vehicles by riding a tricyle before they asked their father about the accelerator of a car.

So I assume that is not a question that belongs on the beginners board? Or do you just not know the answer so you decided to be a smartass?

I just started my OpenGL course and could use some help from someone who might have an adult response to the question.

Yes all the files are in the correct paths.

You may have the Visual C++ versions of these files. I don’t use Borland so I don’t know much about this, but you should do a search of this board or your Borland documentation for the tool to fix this problem. I wish you luck

How are you putting these libs into your project? Are you using the #pragma statement, or are you actually putting them into your project, under the project window?

I think it gives off a different linking error if you’re using VC++ libs, something like ‘Error: GLU32.LIB contains invalid something information’…something like that. And, no, this is not a question that needs to be to be asked on the experts board. I see newbies ask questions like this more often than you think.

[This message has been edited by rpxmaster (edited 02-19-2002).]

The only one I put in the project is GLut32.lib. I assume the other two are being called as part of the linking process.

Im using Dev C++, Im a newbie but, Your program must be making function calls to functions in those librarys, Make sure you link to them in the project options on dev c++ for instance you put -lopengl32 -lglu32 and so on for each library.

You’re right. Its not a question that belongs to the beginners’ forum. Its not even a question that belongs to the opengl forum.

Originally posted by john:
You’re right. Its not a question that belongs to the beginners’ forum. Its not even a question that belongs to the opengl forum.

:slight_smile: This post is very funny. Do you work for Microsoft?

Originally posted by stumpMJ:
The only one I put in the project is GLut32.lib. I assume the other two are being called as part of the linking process.

I need to know more about how you’re putting this lib into your project. Are you just adding them into the project window using the Add Node command, or are you using #pragma to include this lib? And if you’re using #pragma, what does that line look like?