Open gl not available

I’ve been having tons of problems trying to run Homeworld Cataclysm. I’ve posted all kinds of threads in Relic News and the common response is to run in open GL mode. Thats where the problem starts, the game has a installation for openGL but as the game is a little older it is looking for windows 95/98 I’m running XP and it will not install. My vid card is a Geforce 2 MX 400 64 MB which should be plenty. If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated…Cutter2626

XP already should have openGL installed, I would not try to load older openGL drivers from a 95/98 disk into XP.

Your best bet is to goto the geforce website and download there latest openGL drivers for XP and see if that helps. Also sometimes the openGL drivers are installed along with the direct-x drivers, when you download a driver update.

Else the problem could be that the game is not XP compatible.

Originally posted by cutter2626:
I’ve been having tons of problems trying to run Homeworld Cataclysm. I’ve posted all kinds of threads in Relic News and the common response is to run in open GL mode. Thats where the problem starts, the game has a installation for openGL but as the game is a little older it is looking for windows 95/98 I’m running XP and it will not install. My vid card is a Geforce 2 MX 400 64 MB which should be plenty. If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated…Cutter2626