OpenGl using C++

Hi,
Have recently started using openGl wrapped in C++. However on comiling i get the following error message:
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘GL/glut.h’: No such file or directory
I use WinXp and the files ‘opengl32.dll’ and glu32.dll’ are already included as part of the operating system so I thought there was no need to do anything else? Did i assume wrong? Do i need to move the files around to the library from which it can compile from?

Regards,
M.

check if u have included the files
“glut.h” in the directory “<visual_studio_directory>/include/gl”

else u need to download the header files from any online source.

You did not say anything about including the glut library.
Is the file in the correct directory /include/GL/glut.h?

Also are you even using the glut library in your program?

Originally posted by MooSyZyGy:
[b]Hi,
Have recently started using openGl wrapped in C++. However on comiling i get the following error message:
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘GL/glut.h’: No such file or directory
I use WinXp and the files ‘opengl32.dll’ and glu32.dll’ are already included as part of the operating system so I thought there was no need to do anything else? Did i assume wrong? Do i need to move the files around to the library from which it can compile from?

Regards,
M.[/b]

Hi,

You need to get the correct glut(32).dll file for your compiler and put it in the system directory of your OS (likely c:\windows\system32), to have glut.h in your compiler “include\gl” directory and glut.lib likely on the “\lib” directory. Hope It will works

acerb

No it is fine now, after much scouring of the system files and moving the files about. I found out that glut.h is not a necessary part of the actual format of openGl, it is an extra, so i downloaded that and loaded it in. Thanks for the help anyway!

M.