Urgent!!

Hey,
Trying to run my app on different machines. Sometimes it works, other times when it tries to render i get an unhandled exception…privileged instruction. Its not OS issue…not sure if hardware or software…graphics card…i dont know. Hoping someone has had similar issue before and knows resolution. The problem is definately with respect to rendering cuz it happens when i call my display list.
Help please!!

i’m not sure but i think some versions of opengl can’t use display lists… Just a guess…

If you aren’t doing any other rendering before the display lists then it’s the video card i think.

Originally posted by TheFlyingPengwin:
[b]i’m not sure but i think some versions of opengl can’t use display lists… Just a guess…

If you aren’t doing any other rendering before the display lists then it’s the video card i think.[/b]

display lists have been in opengl for quite a while (i’m not sure what version they were added in?) so i don’t think this is the problem. perhaps you are making an illegal gl call inside of your display list definition? remember that a display list cannot hold just any old gl call… consult the red book for a list of gl functions that should not be included in a display list.

Are you using a Borland compiler ? Because I’ve met such unexpected error messages with BC++ 5.0.

Using VC6. Getting rid of my display lists helped, as i can successfully run consistently. However, still issuesif i add to the code, making it bigger. I think its an issue with the release build. Debug version is consistent.
Never come across this, but i think its also a graphics card issue, as the same machines that could not execute had a maximum point size of 1.

oh I’ve just had another idea : how do you get the number for your display list : do you use glGenLists ? if not, maybe you’re attempting to redefine some display list internal to your gl driver.

If it only crash when you are rendering your displaylist I would try to debug the code that build the list.

Instead of building the list try render your geometry immediatly using glBegin-glEnd or whatever you are using in the building of the list.

If it crash then too, its just a matter of stepping through the code…

Cheers