Importing geometry into OpenGL....

Hi, I am a beginner openGL user, and I am wondering if there is a way to import premodeled geometry into openGL. A few questions:
Is it possible to model something inside a software such as 3D studio max and have your openGL code read the file and draw the geometry?
What formats can openGL take in, parse, and draw geometry from? (I think 3D max can export into vrml, can openGL read that?)
To be able to read in a premodeled geometry, I am guessing certain type of conversion software is needed. Where does one go about finding such software or package?

It just seems really difficult to create geometry in openGL(from an artistic point of view), so I wonder how can I use another modeling program but still use openGL to display it?

Thanks for all the help.

Is it possible to model something inside a software such as 3D studio max and have your openGL code read the file and draw the geometry?

It sure is.

What formats can openGL take in, parse, and draw geometry from?

None. That’s up to you. OpenGL is much lower-level than that. You will not find a glLoadAndDisplay3DSFile() function in the API.

To be able to read in a premodeled geometry, I am guessing certain type of conversion software is needed. Where does one go about finding such software or package?

Such things are legion. Try a web search. Or search these boards.