PDA

View Full Version : texture mapping

sickCG
08-07-2002, 08:25 PM
Hello, does any one have idea how to do texture mapping? please supply sample codes if any
thanks

ioquan
08-07-2002, 09:31 PM
You're not going to get a response to a general question like that. You need to look for some tutorials, try it out yourself, and if you come to a specific problem, then ask here.

08-07-2002, 09:35 PM
No, believe it or not, not one single person has ever figured out texture mapping--if you're the lucky "chosen" one, you will be exhalted as the hero who saved OpenGL and brought us out of the dark ages into a new era of enlightenment!

Now THAT'S sarcasm. Look up glTexImage2D and all the other functions/tokens that come up as "see also"

SThomas
08-07-2002, 09:48 PM
ahhahahahahha. damn, the sarcasm was thick and bitter, just the way i like it.

i've noticed a complete inability of many people on these forums to get an opengl book and look up anything themselves. or even just do a search in these forums for that matter. i mean, really basic stuff like texture mapping is covered just about everywhere. guess it's too much work to look it up yourself. all that clicking and reading and what not... whew, i get tired just thinking about it.