learning OpenGL???

I want to learn openGL, Can anyone recommend any site where i can download a free compiler or the openGL.> Also can anyone recommend a book?

First of all, you neglected to say what operating system, not to mention what language, though since you’re looking for a free compiler, I guess the answer is C or C++.
Take a look at the other posting today for the responses on compilers under windows. If you are running linux, then you already have a free compiler :wink:

Try the “red book”, which is listed on this site for a definition of opengl and how it works.

You can download DEV-C++ for free, I use this compiler to write openGL programs. I have a link for it on my website also info on setting it up to compile openGL programs.
www.angelfire.com/linux/nexusone

This website has good tutor’s on openGL, nehe.gamedev.net

Originally posted by vme09:
I want to learn openGL, Can anyone recommend any site where i can download a free compiler or the openGL.> Also can anyone recommend a book?

If you can prove you are a student or a teacher, you can get Codewarrior v8.0 for $500 off, making it $120. I did this. But if you want free, you can get some old crude C and C++ compilers from borland’s website.