texture mapping

Hey!i know this qn is previously posted here but anyway i have realised that auxDIBImageLoad cant be used to load images other than ‘bmp’.Is there any other way to load ‘jpeg’ or ‘gif’ images and also texture mapping needs 4 vertices specified what if there are 5 polygon vertices how do i map the image?

There are image loading library’s out there with will load about any format you wish.

I don’t have a link, but it has been posted on here many times.

On the texture mapping get used to the simple stuff first, like mapping a quad.

Originally posted by new23D:
Hey!i know this qn is previously posted here but anyway i have realised that auxDIBImageLoad cant be used to load images other than ‘bmp’.Is there any other way to load ‘jpeg’ or ‘gif’ images and also texture mapping needs 4 vertices specified what if there are 5 polygon vertices how do i map the image?

Thanks i shall look for the links.i am trying to model an articulated human hand.i have modelled the palm as a 3D polygon (pentagon to be specific, so it has 5 vertices).it would be nice if i can get a skin texture on it.it might probably need bump mapping instead i’m not sure.I have tried doing that but could’nt follow the tutorials that well
any suggestions most welcome