My Opengl DSK

Hi there.
I’ve been using Opengl for a few months. I’m moderately proficient with primitives, simple lighting, texture mapping, etc.
However, Ever since I’ve started, I’ve been trying to figure out why my WIN32 OpenGL 1.1 version doesn’t recognize a declaration such as PFNGLACTIVETEXTUREARBPROC…or other such types for the use of multitexturing. I’ve just finished running the WIN32 1.31 optimizer for Microsoft Visual C++ for Windows. My compiler still doesn’t recognized multitexture data support types at all. In fact, I’m not even sure that a latter version of Opengl 1.2 or Opengl 1.3 has been installed at all. How do I obtain an OpenGL SDK ver 1.2(or later) for Windows98,2000, or M edition? Also, how do I configure my Microsoft Visual C++ tool tips, along with the compiler itself, to recognize OpenGL valid syntax, such as that supported by OpenGL extensions for multitexturing?

This is a big problem for OpenGL under Windows. There is no real SDK for OpenGL 1.2 or higher, you basically have to design your own. What you CAN do, is to look at GLsdk: http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/sdk.html

It provides wrappers for handling OpenGL extensions such as multitexturing.

do you have the latest glext.h ?
that can be the problem why you can’t do multitexturing. I don’t have problems with that.

–styx