Where do I find opengl32.dll file

Hi-

I need help! Whenever I try to play new games,
I get a message that reads: A required .DLL file, OPENGL32.DLL, was not found.

What does this mean an how can I fix it?? I have tried a new video card and nothing is different. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!
Laurie

Download from

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/softlib/mslfiles/opengl95.exe contains the Dlls and Lib files

DPS

I downloaded opengl95.exe and it gave me error messages saying “inflated opengl32.dll” and placed an icon onto my desktop called “opengl32.dll” I don’t know what to do with it to replace the file I already have. When i click on it, it wants to know which program I want to run it on. What should i do? Thanks so much for your help.

You need to move the files from your desktop to C:/windows/system. This way any progam that needs the OpenGL dll’s can find them.
You also may need to download the glu32.dll and glut32.dll files also for some OpenGL programs to run.

DLL’s files are not program files, so you can not click on them and run them.

They are used by programs and when you run your game it will look for this file and use it.

Originally posted by lauriebell1:
I downloaded opengl95.exe and it gave me error messages saying “inflated opengl32.dll” and placed an icon onto my desktop called “opengl32.dll” I don’t know what to do with it to replace the file I already have. When i click on it, it wants to know which program I want to run it on. What should i do? Thanks so much for your help.

I take it you are using win95? Since all other versions of windows do have opengl32.dll in the system directory.

I use win 98 operating system