OpenGL lightmaps with multiple texturing

I’m attempting to implement lightmapping into my engine. However I’ve run into a problem.

Previously I’ve used multi-texture extensions to perform lightmapping on simple polygon rooms. This was easy as the lightmaps and the wall textures had the same texture coordinates.

However in my current engine I’m performing lightmaps on actual 3d geometry that makes up a room. My problem is that I draw all this geometry using arrays. Therefore my problem is that the each seperate object making up a room may have 10+ lightmap textures for it, but I have no idea how to change the texture on a vertex array, or how I would even have multiple texture coordinates for each texture.

Does anyone know how I go about doing this? Do I have to go back to manually drawing models using glVertex3f? Will this affect my engines performance?

The best way to use lightmapping is to use just one texture of lightmap(no hi-res texture needed for all lightmap of the scene).
then You’ll have to sort your surfaces rendering by texture of surface in arrays.

I hope it will help you…