Is it OpenGL suited for programming a graphics editor?

I am developing an application that needs to be able to scan images, to apply some filters and then to do a manual image processing. In fact, the user will specify selection regions which one will move, copy and generate separated new images.

I have resolve the scanning part. Nevertheless, I do not know well the selection theory and mecanisms.

So, my question is if OpenGL can be properly used in this kind of applications and if it can operate with selections. I would also want to know if there are any other more suitable graphical libraries for this aim (I have been seen GTK+ and DirectX)

Thank you very much in advance.

Estoy desarrollando una aplicación que necesita poder escanear imágenes, aplicar algunos filtros, y posteriormente realizar un tratamiento de imagen manual. En concreto, el usuario especificará regiones de selección que se podrán mover, copiar y generar imágenes separadas.

El aspecto del escaneado de la imagen la tengo resuelta. Sin embargo, el tratamiento de selecciones no lo conozco mucho.

Mi pregunta es si OpenGL es adecuado para este tipo de aplicaciones y si permite operar con selecciones. También quisiera saber si existen otras librerías gráficas que fueran más idóneas para esta tarea (he estado consultando GTK+ y DirectX).

Muchas gracias por adelantado.

You could do this image selection using a starting point (where the user clicks) and ending point (where the users lets go of the mouse button) and get the dimensions of the portion. Look at glCopyPixels and glReadPixels.

Te traduciria todo lo que dije, pero es muy largo y tambien pense que otras personas les gustaria saber lo que dije.

Miguel Castillo