CAN OPENGL RUN ON WIN2000?

I USED TO THINK THAT IT OF COURSE CAN,BUT,WHEN I MAIL MY EXE TO MY FRIEND…HE SAY HE CAN NOT RUN IT.
I HAVE GIVE HIM THE GLUT32.DLL,AND THE OPENGL32.DLL\GLU32.DLL ALSO IN HIS SYSTEM.

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO SOLVE THIS.ANY BODY HELP?

Win 2k definitly does support OpenGL.

It depends what type of gfx card he has. Make sure he has up to date drivers for it.

If it’s some old Voodoo thing, then it will only run if certain conditions are met. As they only have a miniGL driver thingy.

I dont know what these are though. I think someone mentioned that you cannot use anything in glu.h or glaux.h. Probably not glut either.

• Nutty

Thank you.
the exe can work slowly in win98/winME,he said.

so i think it is…maybe his card driver do not support for win2000 opengl.

Hi,

I’m always programming under Win 2K

Why ?

• When my program crash (it’s happen often lol), Win 2k shut down the program and I don’t see any blue screen like in Win 9x and with that, never I must reboot my PC.

• Win 2k is cool!

Hi

I have both operating systems on my machine win 2k & 98 (for testing my apps on both platforms) and i have found that win2k is by far the most superior development environment and my demos run faster on win2k as well

Zee

I’m also programming on win2k now, but what must happen that win98 shows a blue screen???

Most likely problem in video card divers. I have similar problem with my ATI Rage 128 Pro under W2k. My OpenGL program was so slow… New drivers solve this problem and now it is very fast, faster even Win98…

Just to put a thick in here.
Me too is working with Win2K since long time and had really no problems. I’ve tested GeForce,GeForce2, Matrox G200, Matrox G400,Elsa Gloria and ATI Rage cards.
Surely on these cards OpenGL works fine.

It’s my app that makes come the problems!

rIO http://www.spinningkids.org/umine

I’m also programming on win2k now, but what must happen that win98 shows a blue screen???

Not much

All people hate me for using Win2k, but none of my mates does any programming, and to do that it’s really superior.

thank you all very much!

Hey Sanya, what drivers are you using for win2k? My program gets about 50 fps LESS in win2k than in w98. I also am using a Rage 128…

I am also curious on what would cause a blue screen death in win98? What did you do, overwrite memory someplace the exec hangs out? The worst crash I ever had caused, in win9x, is blah…blah performed a illegal opperation. I do like win2k (and NT 4 for that matter, since I was only doing openGL).