mouse wheel

i would like to use the mouse wheel under glut for zooming… is there any way to access the wheel for scroll down, up, and when the wheel is pressed in all through glut? if not glut… what is the easiest way to get the functionality anyway?

ask yourself this: what does a mouse question have to do with opengl?

I don’t mean to be insincere but could you please post your question to a relevant thread?

-=[ regards ]=-

thats like asking, “what does glut have to do with opengl?” if u re-read the question, its a glut question… now also… u could be nice and ask me to post somewhere else… like u just did… but that doesn’t help me now does it? im not trying to be rude… i just want to know a simple question… and i dont think a beginner to c++ forum would be a good place to ask questions about glut.

I must apologize - I made a hasty reply at the first post. I am not sure what the key is for mouse wheels. wishful thinking suggests that it is implemented, if not implementable in glut.

after googling, I couldn’t find anything on examples with glut and mouse wheels but I did run across lots of GLW references that has an identical api to glut if you wanna give it a try.

again, my apologies - you’re post is valid.

-=[ regards ]=-

eh its ok… actually i saw on some page that someone altered glut for the mousewheel and that it didn’t have it built in… but i couldn’t get that to work… thanks anyway.

… but I did run across lots of GLW references that has an identical api to glut if you wanna give it a try.
It is GLFW, and it has pretty cool input and windowing features, for demomaking and simple games : http://glfw.sourceforge.net/