What do I need to start

Hello, this is tha fisrt message i ever post anywhere in my life so please excuse me if I’m do something I’m not supposed to.

I was wondering if some of you could give me a detailed description (a fool’s guide) as to what exact libraries and dll do i need to run an OpenGL app (using glut too) and where to place them using C++Builder 3 and up. If you could tell me where to get these files it would be great. I have everything i need to run an app in Visual C++ 6.0 but i want to learn how to do it in Builder.

It may be asking to much but,iIf you send a simple example it would be great.

I don’t remember doing any additional opengl installation when installing builder. The headers came with builder and should be located at ($bcbroot)\include\gl directory. When you look at these files they contain something like:

WINGDIAPI void APIENTRY glVertex3f (GLfloat x, GLfloat y, GLfloat z);

So winapi kicks in. Try this…

#include <gl\gl.h>
#include <gl\glu.h>

I don’t know what you should do if you want to use GLUT because I do not use it anyways, sorry about that one.

• Niko

hi,

this pdf file will give u info reg what libraries to include , where to include etc…

reality.sgi.com/kschwarz_dallas/www/tips.dir/OGL_TUTORIALS/OPEN_GL/REFERENCE/faq.pdf

-Ravi

I don’t remember the site where I got this from, but if you want, I can send you the precompiled glut libraries for borland c++.

Cheers.

Sure it would be of great help if you could send them.
I will check out the pdf file and thanks for the help everybody.

Whoa! forgot ,
my e-mail address is rsm_00x@yahoo.com in case you find the time to send me those files.

Thanks.