Writing text without interfering with the Original Color of figure already drawn

Hi…

I have mapped the Texture. This texture contanied the text which i wanted to display on my geometric figure.

Can u tell me now how to map only the text contained on texture .I dont want the color of texture affecting the color of my 3D geometric figure(e.g Cube).

I mean that if I want to Write CUBE on my 3D figure, the color of cube shud remain whatever it was before writing the Text.

regards,
Queries

Try Lesson 29 over at Nehe’s. It maps two textures on a cube.

Hi…
But in Chapter 29 of Nehe they have not mentioned anything that how can we make only Text visible on the cube drawn without affecting the color of the cube.

If anyone has any idea regarding this that how to implement this plz tell me.

Queries

One way is to load a 32-bit texture containing an alpha channel (targa, gif or some other format). Letters in the color you want, and the rest of the image say black, or white. It all depends on your alpha channel. Then you enable blending and set the blend func aproprietly. It can be messy (lots of parameters to think of)but it will give you the results you want. In case it seems hard, try to find a tutorial about blending to get you started and then loading an image which supports transparency. Can someone confirm if a bitmap supports an alpha channel?