OpenGL Assignment

Hi everybody, i m a newbie here and it seems to be the perfect place to find some help.
I am in big trouble bcoz i have computer Graphics exam in a week and i still need to finish COMPUTER GRAHICS ASSIGNMENT using OpenGL. Is there anyone who can help me in this???I desperately need help and i am ready to do anyhting for that. If anyone can help me plz mail me at mysterious_guy2010@yahoo.com.au.
Thanx a lot
bye

We will not do your homework for you, but if you have a question on how to solve a problem or how to do something in openGL we are happy to help.

Originally posted by Mysterious:
Hi everybody, i m a newbie here and it seems to be the perfect place to find some help.
I am in big trouble bcoz i have computer Graphics exam in a week and i still need to finish COMPUTER GRAHICS ASSIGNMENT using OpenGL. Is there anyone who can help me in this???I desperately need help and i am ready to do anyhting for that. If anyone can help me plz mail me at mysterious_guy2010@yahoo.com.au.
Thanx a lot
bye

Option 1:
First make a solid-shape cube(or other geometric objects you have interest).Then light it using OpenGL lighting model. Spin the object and then put a light with an appropriate light position. Set a material property for the object. You should experiment with ambient lighting as well. Note that by default the first light has a diffuse colour of white and no ambient colour. Look up the glLightfv function to see how to set light colours. Try a differently color light and ambient lighting to see what happens. Try to add more lights.
(optionally you can also add some interesting textures to the object and expand your work to more than one object.)

Ootion2 :
Further exercise your creativity while gaining experience with generating and manipulating 3D models. You are to construct a 3D model of an outdoor scene, arrange for it to be illuminated, and allow dynamic viewing operations such as rotation and zooming(allowing either orthogonal or perspective projections of your building).You may want to model your house and yard, the area including and around a favorite campus building, a castle you wished you lived in along with a moat and bridge-anything you want. Design mouse button to control to menu which has the following functionality: 1)switch between daytime and nighttime lighting; 2)switch between orthogonal and perspective projections; 3) terminate the program.

These are 2 options and i need to do 1 of them. I know it’s homework but i have exams next week and that’s what brought me here to seek help.

try this webpagem, download the .zip file it is quite good and simple. You need Visual Studio to run it.
http://codeguru.earthweb.com/opengl/texture_mapping.shtml

I hope that works. I don’t really reply to forums it is only a coincidence I came accross that file just now. Have fun and good luck.

Originally posted by Mysterious:
[b]Option 1:
First make a solid-shape cube(or other geometric objects you have interest).Then light it using OpenGL lighting model. Spin the object and then put a light with an appropriate light position. Set a material property for the object. You should experiment with ambient lighting as well. Note that by default the first light has a diffuse colour of white and no ambient colour. Look up the glLightfv function to see how to set light colours. Try a differently color light and ambient lighting to see what happens. Try to add more lights.
(optionally you can also add some interesting textures to the object and expand your work to more than one object.)

Ootion2 :
Further exercise your creativity while gaining experience with generating and manipulating 3D models. You are to construct a 3D model of an outdoor scene, arrange for it to be illuminated, and allow dynamic viewing operations such as rotation and zooming(allowing either orthogonal or perspective projections of your building).You may want to model your house and yard, the area including and around a favorite campus building, a castle you wished you lived in along with a moat and bridge-anything you want. Design mouse button to control to menu which has the following functionality: 1)switch between daytime and nighttime lighting; 2)switch between orthogonal and perspective projections; 3) terminate the program.

These are 2 options and i need to do 1 of them. I know it’s homework but i have exams next week and that’s what brought me here to seek help.

[/b]

cool, my graphics exam just sucked…
anyway if u have the official OGL guide, u shouldn’t have any trouble achiving the first point. I admit the second one could be a lil tricky. Bye The Gunslinger

Option 1: nehe.gamedev.net has good tutors on how to make a cube and spin it. also has tutors on lighting and model loading.