PDA

View Full Version : Compilation problem in VC++

jeromeccm
01-11-2001, 04:07 PM
hi..
I m new in OpenGL programming. I don't know much about it but i like to 3D programs alot.

I downloaded the OpenGL tutorial from Nehe site from tutorial 1 to 32. I have just started tutorial 1. I followed exactly what has been shown in the tutorial but it gave me this error when i tried to compile the program. the error is as follow:

"fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompile header directive"

I try on the original sample program provided by Nehe and yet i still get this error. I don't know whats wrong. I did downloaded the OpenGL header and library file and i have included in the VC++ header and lib folder. I think this is a setup problem.

Jeff Molofee(Nehe), if u got to read this forum, please give me some advise and by the way, what is your email? I can't seems to get it in your website.

j
01-11-2001, 04:11 PM
You probably did this, but are you sure that it is a Win32 app that you are making, not a Win32 Console app?

j

Glossifah
01-11-2001, 04:31 PM
Turn off precompiled headers. It's in Project->Settings->C++->Category:Precompiled Headers. Check the "Not using precompiled headers" option.

Search MSDN online if you are interested in what they are and how they benefit you; but for a GL demo, just axe them.

Glossifah

jeromeccm
01-11-2001, 04:34 PM
I followed the tutorial.

setting:
Use Win32 application (not console)
Project/setting/Link :as writen below!!

"After you have created a new Win32 Application (NOT a console application) in Visual C++, you will need to link the OpenGL libraries. In Visual C++ go to Project, Settings, and then click on the LINK tab. Under "Object/Library Modules" at the beginning of the line (before kernel32.lib) add OpenGL32.lib GLu32.lib and GLaux.lib."

I followed exactly. Is there anything missing?
Or if u dont mind can u please giude me step by step to setup? thanks for the reply.

mali
01-11-2001, 07:10 PM
did you link the dll's in the project settings? i forgot that and had the same error ( i think it was that )

jeromeccm
01-11-2001, 08:22 PM
My video card is a Voodoo3 3000 with AMD K6-2 400MHz. I don't know is this a good configuration for a OpenGL programming.
can nvidia do better in OpenGL compare to voodoo card?

jeromeccm
01-11-2001, 08:25 PM
hello MALI...

As for your information, i am a OpenGL dummy.
Can u please guide me in detail on the initial setting of the OpenGL before we actually do the coding?

Deiussum
01-12-2001, 04:47 AM
Read Glossifah's response. You're project is trying to use precompiled headers. It's not the same error you get when you forget to link a library. Forgetting to link a library causes a linker error, not a compile error.

Just for reference, linker errors occur after the "Linking..." line of output and often take the form of...

unresolved external BlahBlahBlah@8...

Linker errors are indications that your code compiled fine, but you didn't add the needed libraries. There are other types of linker errors, but these are the most common.

[This message has been edited by Deiussum (edited 01-12-2001).]