shameless advertising plug

Hello my name is Arthur Times, Jr and I am a hobbyiest game programmer. I’m not new to programming but I am new to OpenGL. I’m working on my first OpenGL project and would like you to download some screen shots and let me know what you think, as well as guess the type of game.

here is the link
http://artland.morris.com/games/mdc/screens.zip

the file is about 670K

Thanx

Look’s good, nice floor reflections.

Look’s like a chess board.
But from the charactors maybe Card captures or Yu-Gi-ho type monster battle game.

Originally posted by atimes:
[b]Hello my name is Arthur Times, Jr and I am a hobbyiest game programmer. I’m not new to programming but I am new to OpenGL. I’m working on my first OpenGL project and would like you to download some screen shots and let me know what you think, as well as guess the type of game.

here is the link
http://artland.morris.com/games/mdc/screens.zip

the file is about 670K

Thanx[/b]

naa it’s chess.

Do you plan to have the charactor battle like in Wizards chess or the old Chess master 2000.

Originally posted by atimes:
naa it’s chess.

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 01-09-2003).]

basically the attacking piece will play it’s attack animation and the piece being captured will go through it’s death animation.

WOA!!!
That looks neat! Only when I play chess (not on the computer) I like to have a good overall view of the board. Do you support those camera positions? As they don’t show up in the screenshots. If you don’t it’d be a good idea to implement them.

About those models, are those quake3 models or did you make your own format?

It looks great, good work!

Yes there is an overhead view. There are 2 views, one which centers on your current piece and all camara movements and rotations are relative to that. The other is a free camera mode. It is a top down view and you are allowed to move in any direction and zoom in and out.

These models are quake 2 models but there is support for quake 3 models also. I was going to use Unreal models as well but there isn’t enough good 3rd party content to use.

If I may so free may I ask what tool you used to make the quake2 models? They look awesome and I’d love to get in that modelling world!

I did not make the models. I have no artistic ability whatsoever. I found them on polycount (Video Game News, Reviews, and Walkthroughs - IGN) which is a huge database of 3rd party models for many games (not just quake). I found the models and asked the authors for permission to use them.