I NEED MENTAL HELP!!! I need to set up GLUT but i can't figure out how dammit

i recently bought the “OpenGL Superbible” book and it gives a short program. It says to install certain dll files of glut in various directories. I did exacly what it said but when i try to compile it give me these errors:

Microsoft® Windows 98
©Copyright Microsoft Corp 1981-1998.

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop>cd\

C:>cd borland\bcc55\bin

C:\Borland\bcc55\Bin>bcc32 c: est.cpp
Borland C++ 5.5 for Win32 Copyright © 1993, 2000 Borland
c: est.cpp:
Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright © 1997, 2000 Borland
Error: Unresolved external ‘glutInitDisplayMode’ referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC5
5\BIN\TEST.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external ‘glutCreateWindow’ referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\B
IN\TEST.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external ‘glutDisplayFunc’ referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\BI
N\TEST.OBJ
Error: Unresolved external ‘glutMainLoop’ referenced from C:\BORLAND\BCC55\BIN\T
EST.OBJ

C:\Borland\bcc55\Bin>

===================
Now here’s my c++ code:

#include <windows.h>
#include <gl\glut.h>

void RenderScene(void)
{
glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);

glFlush();

}
void SetupRC(void)
{
glClearColor(0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f);
}
void main(void)
{
glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_SINGLE | GLUT_RGB);
glutCreateWindow(“Simple”);
glutDisplayFunc(RenderScene);

SetupRC();

glutMainLoop();

}

PPPPLLLLLLZZZZZ help me!!!

You are getting these errors, because all you calls to glut are unkown. You have to add a static run time library so your program knows where these functions are.
In MSC++ you can add these in the settings box, but I’m not sure if how Borland C does this.
Try reading help files on how the add static library files to your program. This will elimate your errors.

I have the same problem and I’m also using Borland C++ Builder. Can you please give us the name of this static runtime library under Microsoft’s C++ Builder??? I added some libraries to my project, but it still doesn’t work.

THX…

The name of library is glut32.lib,Glut32.dll must be placed in \windows\system
Another problem is that Borlan C and Visual C
libs are incompatible (i think),if so you most download glut sources from www.sgi.com\software\opengl and recompile them

you have to add the directory gl to borlands
include directory and add the appropriate
header files in this case glut.h
that should do it