MouseMotion x, y coordinates?

I am currently trying to write a program that will move the camera based on how you move the mouse the problem is the mouse coordinates never seem to change. I’ve checked this by adding a print statement in my mouseMotion function and x always prints the same and my image only moves down no matter how you move the mouse. I checked for latest dlls and libs and everything seems updated? anyone have any ideas?

What platform (OS) are you using, and what function are you using to retrieve the mouse coordinates from the system? And, if your function is self-written, you may want to include that also.

Well, acctualy instead of getting the mouse coordinates, just get the mickeys (don’t know how to do that. just use a library of some sort like Allegro). Mickeys are the change of the mouse position.
But realy post the library and/or your code.

[This message has been edited by TBoNe (edited 02-14-2003).]

I’ve run this code on both AIX and WinXp the Function I’m attempting to use is glutMotionFunc and/or glutMouseFunc. I would like to stay away from OS based mouse coordinate functions if possible.

glutMouseFunc is only called when a mouse button is pressed.

glutMotionFunc should give you an update when the mouse is inside the window.

would have to see more of your code if that is not the problem.

Originally posted by Duf82:
I’ve run this code on both AIX and WinXp the Function I’m attempting to use is glutMotionFunc and/or glutMouseFunc. I would like to stay away from OS based mouse coordinate functions if possible.