Unresolved Externals

I know this question has been asked, but I am unable to find a real solution for this problem.

I am using Borland 5.0
I have downloaded the newest OpenlGL files from microsoft
I have tried using the add node in the ide of my project

I get these three errors:

Unresolved external ‘auxDIBImageLoadA’ referenced from module
Unresolved external ‘glGenTextures’ referenced from module
Unresolved external ‘glBindTextures’ referenced from module

Any help would be nice!

Thanks!

This message ususally appears when your linker can not find the specified functions in your object files.

Link you project with openg32.lib, glu32.lib and glaux.lib

Hope this helped.

When I link each one of those by using add node in my IDE file I get a bad object file for each one of those 3 files.

Arg!!!

hahaaaahaa
i hate the whole ****ing borland/vcc specific stuff…

alright, silentsno, this one’s bit me in the before.

the gl.lib files you’re d/l (from microsoft, keep in mind) are formatted for vc++.

guess what.
borland doesn’t use the same .lib format…

uggh.

you have to run a converter program to change from ms to borland.

the file is a console exe found in the bin directory of either the borland or vc++ directories( i assume u only have borland, so it HAS to be there ) it’s called coff2bin.exe or somesuch

you have to write a batch file, too, i think, because it’s 1.) a console program, and 2.) it take two arguments, one being the file to convert from, the other being the file being converted to.

the batch is something like this:

coff2bin FromDirectory\opengl32.lib ToDirector\opengl32.lib

see, you gotta put the files in different directories, cuz each has to have the same name, but coff2bin won’t let you.

you could also convert to a different filename, delete the first, and rename it…

hope it works, it’s been a long time since it bit me, but i’m pretty sure that’s how you fix it.

messy messy messy…

Well, I fixed the opengl32 and glu32 problems I used implib.exe in dos to extract the library files from the DLLs.

Dustin

Thanks for your help!! Now I just need to fix the glaux.lib problem

You could download the free Borland 5.0 compiler. I believe it comes with all the libs and headers.

When you said fixed the opengl32 you meant
run implib glut32.dll glut32.lib
or implib glut32.lib glut32.dll

I tried both and I got

Error unable to open file.
I put both files in the same directory.

would you please tell me how did you do it?

Thanks

Originally posted by SilentSno:
[b]Well, I fixed the opengl32 and glu32 problems I used implib.exe in dos to extract the library files from the DLLs.

Dustin

Thanks for your help!! Now I just need to fix the glaux.lib problem[/b]