Polygons

Hi,

Am drawing a CAD design using opengl and VC++ 6.0.  And am drawing the traces as polygons and not as lines (since the line width of the traces will be in the range of some 0.01(float value) and above). But while viewing the whole design as a smaller image many of the smaller width polygons (i.e traces in my case) are not visible.. But they are visible, when i view the whole design as a larger image by zooming in.  Anyone suggest me some ideas to solve this problem.? 

Thanks in advance,
Sangeetha. J

Simplest solution is to draw edges as both polygons and lines.
More advanced solution would dwitch between polygon and line dynamically for each edge or ensure that edges will never be thinner than 1 pixel.

Hi k_szczech,

Thank you very much for your reply.. it works fine.. Now am finished drawing the design. but the speed is very slow and also while redrawing the design, large amount of memory is consumed each time and its goes on increasing. Any ideas to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Sangeetha. J

since the polygons problem is solved. am posting my next problem in a separate post… please excuse me for this…