PDA

View Full Version : LINK error

shodannick
04-07-2004, 07:47 PM
I'm doing an OpenGL game and i can't compile my code because of a linkage error i'm getting.
The code compiled many times before and worked flawlessly, but i modified some stuff, and now its just that 1 link error.
"supfile.obj : error LNK2001 : unresolved external symbol _auxDIBImageLoadA@4"

I use a function called "auxDIBImageLoad(LPCTSTR)" and it used to work just fine. This function is in <gl\glaux.h> and i am importing it in this file.

Someone please tell me what is wrong.

kehziah
04-08-2004, 12:09 AM
of course you also imported glaux.lib (or whatever its name is) in your project, didn't you?

BTW, AUX is notoriously outdated and unsupported. I would recommend you to use something else to handle image loading.

shodannick
04-08-2004, 05:33 PM
I did include glaux.lib, and it still doesn't work. If I was to not use that function at all, what function is there to load a bitmap and detect the size automatically?
I just need something to load a bitmap without having me define the size of it. (i'm using it as a texture)

kehziah
04-09-2004, 01:03 AM
are you mixing C and C++ in some way? name decoration could prevent the linker from finding the function in the lib.

you could try DevIL (www.imagelib.org), or simply write your bmp loader and image resizing routine.