IOStream problems

How do I use the old iostream header? I am using DevC++ and just can’t get it to work. Using just #include <iostream.h> says it can’t find the file and using #include <c++/backward/iostream.h> gives me really long list of errors, heres a few:

31 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\backward\iostream.h
In file included from C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/backward/iostream.h

1 C:\Dossier est.cpp
from C:/Dossier/test.cpp

2 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\backward\backward_warning.h:32
#warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please consider using one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or <sstream> instead of the deprecated header <strstream.h>. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.

32 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\backward\iostream.h
In file included from C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/backward/iostream.h

1 C:\Dossier est.cpp
from C:/Dossier/test.cpp

28 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\iostream:44
bits/c++config.h: No such file or directory.

44 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\ios
In file included from C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/ios

45 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\ostream
from C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/ostream

45 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\iostream
from C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/iostream

It goes on and on with errors about missing files and such. I could probably go through and rearrange all the files until it works, but I get the feeling I’m just doing something wrong. Could anyone please help me and tell me how to use the old iostream in DevC++?

I also don’t get much luck with just #include <iostream> and get a ton of fairly random errors about missing files and syntax errors (in other headers not my app).

[This message has been edited by deviun (edited 03-28-2003).]

You are joking right?

This is a OpenGL forum.

don’t do it again but either
use
#include <iostream>

without the .h

or you need to set up your paths to your libs correctly,

fringe

Along the same lines are there any good places on the net to look and talk and ask questions about c++ ?

[This message has been edited by fringe (edited 03-28-2003).]

Check out the gamedev’s general programming forum.

And if you are going to use the new ANSI C++ standards to include those kinda header files it should be done something like this:

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;