Can't run in debug mode in win2k

Hi, I’m using MS Visual C++ and everything is fine except when I try and run in debug mode, it gets stuck in GLUTCreateWindow. The stack looks like this:

ANVGLNT!
ANVGLNT!
NTDLL!
NTDLL!
NTDLL!
NTDLL!
KERNEL32!
OPENGL32!
OPENGL32!
OPENGL32!
OPENGL32!
GDI32!

Otherwise everything seems fine. But debug mode would save me lots of headaches. Do I need win2k opengl32.dbg or something? If so, does anyone know where I can get them?

Thanks

Pappa

you need the source to step through the code… get the source for glut

Hmm, can’t seem to find them. There were some debug files for opengl32 for windowsNT, but it says they are the wrong versions. All this aside, why does it break anyways, it runs fine otherwise. no error message or anythin.

Not an issue with not having the glut source. It is strange that it stays there. Do you see any windows being created for the glut thing?

It should keep going until glutidle.

V-man

It actually breaks on glutCreateWindow. I think I’ve messed up my compiler settings somehow, it works fine on my machine at work. I tried a full uninstall/reinstall but it remembers. Nasty little critter. Looks like a reformat for me!

Thanks for the advice.

Hey another Climaxian!

Nutty

Howdy!

I found the source of the problem (if anyone gets a similar one). I have an Asus Geforce2 MX graphics card and the drivers that come with it screw up I guess. The Nvidia reference drivers work fine.

I had some weird thing with ELSA drivers too. Using Nvida reference drivers for ages, then upgraded to some new ELSA ones, and it seemed to slow glTexCopySubImage down loads… very bizarre… unfortunatly my gf3 has packed up, so I can’t verify these findings!

Nutty

GeForce3? Hmm, some of us are getting paid better than others ).

Got it from nvidia, when I went to their gathering thing in Heathrow.

Nutty

What project do you work on?

mail me at work. Best not to discuss projects in public.

Nutty

Thank you pappa_xray!

I had exactly the same problem with glutCreateWindow breaking in disassembly window in debug mode. I have a GeForce2 GTS; I just got the latest nvidia driver (replacing the asus one) and now it works! Damn! I lost half a day looking for this one.

Thanks again!

Wohoo! I did something useful )

I’m using an ASUS v7700 GTS and I’ve had the same problem when trying to debug.

After installing the latest NVidia drivers I could debug my project, but it messed up other things. With the NVidia driver replacing the ASUS driver, the video in feature of the card stopped working properly and the picture sort of “jumps”.

Did this happen to anyone else? Am I supposed to install a different version of the driver? (I installed 12.41 from NVidia’s site)

Thanks
Ran