Same code. Different results in Win 9x and NT

Howdy

I’ve got a Win32 program that performs significantly different on Win 9x and NT. Specifically, textures aren’t showing up at all in Win 9x, but the same exact program works perfectly in all flavors of NT and XP.

If it makes a difference, the program was built and developed on a Win2K box.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

there shouldnt be a difference, except u use threads and forgot to set a thread relevant value, if u use _beginthread you HAVE to set the last parameter in the function (the ptr to thread identifier), if there is no var spcified (ZERO) it will run on NT/W2k but not on 98 …

probably it’s not the OS but the grafix drivers that cause the problem. are you running all your windows OSs on the same machine or on different machines? try getting the latest drivers for all OSs

[This message has been edited by hoshi55 (edited 03-25-2002).]

1. It’s not a thread issue. This program is single-threaded
  2. I really don’t think it’s a driver issue. I’ve received about 50 replys from testers, and nobody with 95, 98, 98SE, or ME has had any success. Everybody with Win2K and XP has seen perfect results.

If it makes a difference, I ported my program from GLUT to a pure Win32 interface. I think that has something to do with my problem (somehow) because it worked perfectly for all users when it was GLUT-based.

You could download the GLUT source for windows and look at how they setup a window.

Or just keep using GLUT and keep the cross platform feature it provides.

Originally posted by DarkHelmet:
[b]1) It’s not a thread issue. This program is single-threaded
2) I really don’t think it’s a driver issue. I’ve received about 50 replys from testers, and nobody with 95, 98, 98SE, or ME has had any success. Everybody with Win2K and XP has seen perfect results.

If it makes a difference, I ported my program from GLUT to a pure Win32 interface. I think that has something to do with my problem (somehow) because it worked perfectly for all users when it was GLUT-based.[/b]