...uhh, creating Dialog Boxes and OpenGL?

Hi, I’m making a program where I need to create an extra window to be used as a dialog box (e.g. Open…, Save As…), and be able to draw my own graphical user interface using OpenGL, in addition to the program’s main window. I have not figured out how to do this yet, though. Is there a way where I can do this, and how? My code is based off of NeHe’s.

Use GLUT, it has a menu function, pop-up windows function’s, etc.
Look at Nate Robins web site for some glut examples. http://www.xmission.com/~nate/opengl.html

Originally posted by rpxmaster:
Hi, I’m making a program where I need to create an extra window to be used as a dialog box (e.g. Open…, Save As…), and be able to draw my own graphical user interface using OpenGL, in addition to the program’s main window. I have not figured out how to do this yet, though. Is there a way where I can do this, and how? My code is based off of NeHe’s.

Any way to do it without GLUT? Or more specifically with gl and glu commands only.

I cant be 100% sure that it cant be done with gl/glu commands but I doubt it very much. Dialog boxes are a windowing thingy, OpenGL is a graphics API pure and simple.

If you dont want to use glut try Win32, MFC or something similar