TGA compressed files

Is there anyone who can tell me a program that saves of exports tga compressed files because i have the code from nehe’s game tutorial but it is not working with my files.
What i do is convert bmp or psd files into tga using acdsee but the code recognise them as uncompressed.

Thanks a lot.
HellRaiZ

Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop both can save compressed TGA.

Ive read from somewhere that targa files can support some different type of compression, and i think that the nehe implemetation support only rle type compression, so hyour files must be compresse3d rle, if not , do it in rle. I have also a question about tga file, in 16 bits how the data is composed, is it 1555 or 5551 pixel ?

Ive read from somewhere that targa files can support some different type of compression, and i think that the nehe implemetation support only rle type compression, so hyour files must be compresse3d rle, if not , do it in rle. I have also a question about tga file, in 16 bits how the data is composed, is it 1555 or 5551 pixel ?

The GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation program) is free and has some good features and can load and save most file formats (except .gif!), it can save TGA with rle compression. It is a faily small download and some great features that are very usefull for gfx work.

Tim