Ok guys, you helped me once - so please help me agian!

Ok guys, you helped me once - so please help me agian!
I am getting this error in my OpenGl program. This section of code draws a Line Strip given points which are updated on a one second
basis.
Everything compiles, and it doesn’t core dump. I am seeing what looks like the start of a Line Strip - but’s it’s not long enough to be
correct (with the data I am feeding it).
So I checked my error logs and found “OpenGL Error:: invalid operation”. So How do I handle the problem, what should I check to make
this thing happen? I can’t fing too much help about OpenGL errors in the Red, Blue or Green books! If anyone can help that would be
great!!!

Thanks
Roach

Are you sure you are not sending duff data to line strip?

gav

Yeah - preaty positive, The data I am using comes from highly paid system’s engineers - I have been told it is good data.

Thanks

The red and blue books just say in the case of an error

The offending command is ignored, and has no other side effect than to set the error flag.

Have you isolated the error to the line strip code only? How are you drawing the line strip (immediate mode, VA’s VAR)? Can you post some sample code so we can see what’s happening?

probably you´ve put acommand between glBegin() / glEnd() that must not be located there? for example a glMaterial call??
post some code please, this should not be a too difficult one…

Ok guys,
Well, I solved one problem, but it’s back again. I am still getting an invalid Operation error in my code!! Could this be caused by an overloading of drawing commands to the graphics card? It’s just a thought. . .
I wish I could post the code - but due to classification issues, I have to get permission before I can post anything on a public newsboard.

Thanks
Roach