centering glDrawPixels inside a list

Hi,

I’m rendering a 3d geometry with some 2d labels, these labels basically are 2d bitmaps located with a 3d point, I’m using glDrawPixels to draw the bitmap of those labels, since I need those bitmaps allways face to the front I can’t use textured quads, well, I could… but I can’t be converting that quad every time because I’m using a display list…

Inside the list creation, I have a call to glDrawPixels, and first I call glRasterPos3d, but I need to have the bitmap displayed by glDrawPixels centered, not in the lower left coords, the only way I see, is converting the 3d point to 2d and move that 2d point the bitmap width/2 and height/2, but the calls of glGet* are not stored inside the list… with glBitmap I can center the bitmap easily within the glBitmap call, and I would need to convert the 3d point to 2d, the problem if I use glBitmap is it will go monochrome, is there a way to center the glDrawPixels ??.. any ideas ???

Thanks.

sorry I missed something:

“with glBitmap I can center the bitmap easily within the glBitmap call, and I would NOT need to convert the 3d point to 2d”