Application freeze at glClear command

Hello,

I’m currently programming a project using openGL and VC++ 6.0. I’ve found that after running my application several times (usually with the debugger) my application will halt at glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT |GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT).
This command is used in the
CallBackDisplayFunc function and it halts the first time the callback is called. I don’t understnad why (there is not evidence of a crash before the halt. ie. no VC++ debug error). My application window will get partially drawn and nothing will happen after that. I can’t step through the problem either, VC++ just stops at glClear. I have to restart my computer before i can run my application again!

I would really appreciate anyone’s help. Is this a programming problem, a microsoft problem or an openGL problem or a combination of them all? Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

-cat

Hi there.

I have no answer to your question but I am encountering a similar problem. Perhap some similarities will spark an answer. I added a texture to the program and it suddenly froze up with no error codes or indication of a problem. I tried the samples with textures in them with similar results. I have a Voodoo3 that might be causing a hardware error, and that is all I can think of. If you get an answer, it might lead to an answer to my problem.

-J.