Missing extensions on GeForce FX Go

Hello,

Please let me know if this is not the proper forum for such a question…

I was wondering why my GeForce FX Go 5200 lacked support for the following extensions:

GL_ARB_shadow_ambient
GL_ARB_occlusion_query

Generic support for shadows (GL_ARB_shadow) and occlusion queries (GL_HP_occlusion_test) is reported and seems to work fine on this card – any chances to see the other extensions supported as well?

I’m using driver rev. 6.14.10.4586, the latest available for my particular laptop, and am running Windows XP Pro SP2.

Thank you.

ARB_shadow_ambient spec says that chips supporting mere texture combiners can be programmed by the user to do this effect. Albeit what you can do with fragment programs today.

ARB_occlusion_query is the same as NV_occlusion_query (compare the enums!), FX chips should support it.
Your drivers are pretty old, there are already 66.00 versions floating around the net. Update your drivers.

Thank you for the information. I’ll try to use texture combiners to replicate the ARB_shadow_ambient (though I have no idea how).

As I said in my original post, the drivers I have are the latest available for my particular laptop (a Dell Inspiron). I am not aware of any page on the nVidia site where you can download laptop drivers and hope to see them work in your machine – but I’d love to be mistaken…

The only way I know of upgrading my drivers is by downloading them from the Dell site.

Thanks again.

I know that, I own a laptop, too.
Search for modified driver *.INF files which detect your laptop chip. Then reference drivers will install if the chip is found.
A Google search found this:
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/
Use at your own risk.