Quad Strips Question

I am trying to use a quad strip and having some difficulty. What happens is instead of a strip of quads - I end up with one long rectangle. If anyone out there has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

It may surprise you to know that a strip of coplanar quads can resemble a rectangle.

:slight_smile:

Ha Ha - i guess i worded the question funny - I do understand that a quad strip resembles a rectangle - but it shouldnt be one long rectanle with only vertices at each end - it should be a “strip of quads” right? - side by side with vertices at each step that 2 more vertices are passed. I may be understanding this wrong. Bu thanks for the replay any ways. I got through that part but now my texture is stretched across the entire strip instead of 1 texture tile in each quad??? Any Ideas???

This all depends on your texture coordinate generation. This chapter gives a great overview of texture mapping:
http://www.rush3d.com/reference/opengl-redbook-1.1/chapter09.html

To get your texture to repeat or “tile” across your quads, scale your texture coordinates to increase in the direction of tiling such that they’re greater than 1.0 in the s and/or t. You can also use OpenGL’s automatic texture coordinate generation to do this as well. That’s covered in the RedBook too.

Cheers