two questions about glut/glaux..

hi, i have two small questions…

1.i dont know what is the difference between glaux.h and glut.h.( please do not laugh at me). In VC, there is only the header file GL/glaux.h but there isnt GL/glut.h. I found that some functions in glut and glaux are very similar. Are they the same lib?

1. i want to read a jpg or gif file into my program. Are there any methods in glut( or glaux??) which can be used for reading/writing a picture file?

I am thinking you are using MSVC++
glaux comes with it. You will need to download the GLUT lib and header files.

No they are not the same lib, glaux is not really supported, and would not be wise to use for real appications.

GLUT is a cross platform OpenGL tool kit, if you write programs for opengl using GLUT. Then you can also use the same code to make MAC, Linux versions of your program.

graphics loading for gif and jpg you will have to look for another library.

glaux supports loading BMP images only.

TGA is well supported format, most paint programs can convert any format to TGA.
Lot of examples of loading TGA also.

Originally posted by pipiloo:
[b]hi, i have two small questions…

1.i dont know what is the difference between glaux.h and glut.h.( please do not laugh at me). In VC, there is only the header file GL/glaux.h but there isnt GL/glut.h. I found that some functions in glut and glaux are very similar. Are they the same lib?

1. i want to read a jpg or gif file into my program. Are there any methods in glut( or glaux??) which can be used for reading/writing a picture file?[/b]

thanks.