View Full Version : How do I write something to the screen
03-09-2000, 03:15 AM
How do I output something to the screen using GLUT???
03-10-2000, 06:14 AM
Create the display callback
- glutDisplayFunc to set the callback
Now you have an active GL rendering context and can call any GL command.
03-10-2000, 08:38 AM
Sorry, I meant text, like a fps counter or a simple text...
- paint pictures with single letters or one large picture with all (or a subset of) ASCII-characters
- load that picture(s)
- make every single character a texture
- build a string you want to write (e.g. sprintf(...)
- switch to orthogonal-projection
- for each character in the string paint a square with the appropriate texture (perhaps translucent with glBlend...).
- be happy http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/smile.gif
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.