3D Reconstruction

I’m an absolute beginner about OpenGL and I got a big problem: I need to reconstruct a 3D image from a series of bitmap (i.e. extracted from a digital registration). Could someone help me, with a guideline, samples or whatever helpful to begin this topic? Thank you :confused:

Originally posted by Sandro Rosi:
I’m an absolute beginner about OpenGL and I got a big problem: I need to reconstruct a 3D image from a series of bitmap (i.e. extracted from a digital registration). Could someone help me, with a guideline, samples or whatever helpful to begin this topic? Thank you :confused:
first you need to load the image using api auxDIBImageLoad .
then you need to use the following texture command like to generate the texture .

glGenTextures
glBindTexture
gluBuildTexture

then

you need to use glTexCoord to specify texels along the glVertex command to display the image.

Other than that , you can use glDrawPixels , but its speed is very slow.

Originally posted by Sandro Rosi:
3D object reconstruction from 2D images is a quite complex topic and has nothing to do with opengl except that you can use opengl to display the reconstructed 3d object (which is the easy part).

You can use google to get started, search for “3d reconstruction” or some similar keywords.

Anyway this should be moved to the math & algos board.

EDIT: Typo’s…