GLUT - JOYSTICK

Hi all!
I have a little example with executable file which uses GLUTs glutJoystickFunc(…); function.
When I run the program ie. execute the exe file I am able to move in 3D by using a joystick. Now when I compile the source code myself then MSVC++ will overwirte the original executable created previously by somebody and will create a new exe for me which for some reason when I run the program again the joystick doesn’t work. Am I missing some libraries or something!!! I’ve looked at the Glut spec and it doesn’t say about some extra libraries in order to use it!!!
Whats wrong?

[This message has been edited by robert_s (edited 02-18-2002).]

Do you have a link to the exmaple?
Would have to see how they have setup the glut routine.

Originally posted by robert_s:
[b]Hi all!
I have a little example with executable file which uses GLUTs glutJoystickFunc(…); function.
When I run the program ie. execute the exe file I am able to move in 3D by using a joystick. Now when I compile the source code myself then MSVC++ will overwirte the original executable created previously by somebody and will create a new exe for me which for some reason when I run the program again the joystick doesn’t work. Am I missing some libraries or something!!! I’ve looked at the Glut spec and it doesn’t say about some extra libraries in order to use it!!!
Whats wrong?

[This message has been edited by robert_s (edited 02-18-2002).][/b]