Compiler Problems

Hi! I’m very new to Open GL, and happy and willing to learn… I’ve downloaded some code samples and worked through some tutorials, but I can’t get my programs to compile!! Everytime I try, my vc6 compiler returns 3 errors in the gl.h header. I’m very confused since obviously I haven’t modified gl.h in any way… These are the errors I get:

c:…\gl\gl.h(1152) : error C2144: syntax error : missing ‘;’ before type ‘void’

c:…\gl\gl.h(1152) : error C2501: ‘WINGDIAPI’ : missing storage-class or type specifiers

c:…\gl\gl.h(1152) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found

I understand the end of file thing, but the first confuse me… What am I doing wrong?

On a side note: I also have a problem getting my system to recognize glut32.dll:

cannot open file “glut32.dll”

Please help!!

Do you have the file glut32.dll in your sistem?
you must include in your file .cpp:
#include <windows.h>

Great! Thanks worked great… almost… Man I am so confused… now I’ve got 17 unresolved symbols related to open GL the error occurs while linking with main.obj … of course main.cpp is my source file…

And yes i do have glut.dll in the windows system directory. Thanks again! Can you help with the 17 unresolveds?

Can you tell us what are these 17 unresolved symbols please ? :slight_smile:

…So, as I said, I’m very new to this whole thing… So feel free to laugh when I say I figured out the problem… I was trying to do Open GL in Win 32 Console application. thus the 17 unresolved externals… Thanks for your help tho! I’ll be checking in regularly. Great forum, great help. Bfn!