please help!

When I compile, a window opens that says
“This application has failed to start because GLAUX.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”

What is wrong, I dont know what they mean by “Re-installing the application” Please Help :frowning:

The message box you are seeing is generic. It doesn’t know if your executable is an installed application or one you built yourself, so ignore that part of the mesage.

The important part is that your executable is linked to the glaux.lib import library.

If you are using any glaux procedures in your executable I suggest finding a newer solution. I don’t think glaux is supported any longer.

If you are not using any glaux procedures in your executable then simply remove the glaux from the linker input.

robo

I just read your previous post related to this topic. Here is a link to NeHe’s glaux replacement that t0y suggested previously.

http://nehe.gamedev.net/counter.asp?file=files/basecode/nehegl_glut.zip

Hope that helps.

What do I do with the download?

What I want to know is how do I fix this problem :confused:

We need more data…

Is your program actually using any glaux functions?

What compiler/IDE are you using?

I’m assuming your platform is Windows given the wording of the message box error on the DLL.

Never mind I found what the problem was, but thanks anyway guys :slight_smile: :slight_smile: