OpenGL File Format?

All,
Is there an OpenGL File format for specifying geometry, textures, materials, etc.?
I found a package that translates 3ds files to OpenGL format but I guess I need to know
the API itself.
Thanks,
Garlic GL

Originally posted by GarlicGL:
All,
Is there an OpenGL File format for specifying geometry, textures, materials, etc.?
I found a package that translates 3ds files to OpenGL format but I guess I need to know
the API itself.
Thanks,
Garlic GL

OpenGL is an API not a file format.

Originally posted by Coconut:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by GarlicGL:
All,
the API itself.
Thanks,
Garlic GL

OpenGL is an API not a file format. [/b][/QUOTE]

I know that OpenGL is an API but i was asking about a special file format that contains geometry information and textures and materials, sort of like .Xfiles for directX.

Originally posted by GarlicGL:
[b] I know that OpenGL is an API but i was asking about a special file format that contains geometry information and textures and materials, sort of like .Xfiles for directX.

[/b]

There is simply no “a special file format” for OpenGL. You may just want to pick a popular format used in your type of application, and look for packages oolkits\libraries to load the data of that format.
Search for “3ds” in the forum may show you somethings…