max

Can i load *.max files and manipulate them (rotate, resize )?

The consensus from what I’ve read is no, considering its a proprietary format. You’re probably better off saving as .ase or .3ds, as there are widely available readers for these formats.

Hope that helps.

Yes and no… OpenGL does not have any type of model loading routines, so you ether have to write a one to load max files or find one someone else has written.

Once loaded you can rotate and size like any opengl object.

Originally posted by rainday:
Can i load *.max files and manipulate them (rotate, resize )?

Thank you yakuza and nexusone.

I’m exporting to WRL and then converting it into my own format. I’m not gonna be bound to restrictions and complexness of other formats. That allows me to save my own lightmaps and possibly other stuff directly into that file and that makes distributing those a hell easier.

[This message has been edited by mm_freak (edited 11-06-2002).]

Does the WRL file format contains also lightmaps ??? Did know it… or are you using a script/plug-in to export them ??

Originally posted by rIO:
Does the WRL file format contains also lightmaps ??? Did know it… or are you using a script/plug-in to export them ??

No, i must write program, which can load and manipulate with objects from this scene … I need write complete new routines for loading 3d-files (*.3ds, may be others formats, but compatible or look like as *.3ds or *.max) …