Works in one win98 and dosent in another with same system

Being in college have to work with shared computer. When I use the same program in two computer it works in one and dosent work in another. The program is using glu and gl.h only which is copied in the project directory itself and the opengl is interfaced with the win32 appizard application.

That is I see the graphics and other lines that I am drawing in one computer and in another the window is all blank.

What could be the problem???

One explanation could be that the program is using some extension only supported on one system but that seems unlikely. Perhaps does the program set an unsupported graphics mode? Different OS?

If you wants to know should you try to locate exactly where the program fails.

Well The program shows no failure and no errors. Only what happens is a plain VC++ window gets openned and none of my drawing gets vissible

Originally posted by mango:
[b]One explanation could be that the program is using some extension only supported on one system but that seems unlikely. Perhaps does the program set an unsupported graphics mode? Different OS?

If you wants to know should you try to locate exactly where the program fails.[/b]

Maybe some variables is not initiated? If you recompile with all warnings enabled do I think that VC should give some warnings.

No, No warnings…Nothing what so ever…By the way what exactly you mean by Setting all warnings as enabled…I have enable everything as what ever I could possible.

All compilers lets you enable/disable warnings. It just tells the compiler if it should display certain warnings. The best way to check the program is to run it in a window and using a debugger. You should of course concentrate on the system that does not display anything. It is very weird that it just gives you a blank window.

Does the broken system use a Voodoo 3 card? 3dfx’s last video driver’s for the voodoo 3 will do this to some OpenGL programs. Using an older driver seemed to cure the problem.

No it does not have any voodoo card…I have checked up with the administrator here…