LIBGL where to find....

Hello,

I am using Minw32 GCC (Dev-CPP) to compile OpenGL programs. Somebody in the newsgroup said that -lgl option would be required to compile with OpenGL library…

I need help regarding this… LibGL file for Windows … where to get them :mad: :eek: :confused: :frowning:

On windows, it should be -lopengl32 instead of -lGL.

Help this the code and it is not working
#include <windows.h>
#include <GL\glut.h>

void init()
{
glClearColor(1,0,0,1);
glOrtho(0,1,0,1,0,1);
}

void display()
{
glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);
glFlush();
}

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
glutInit(&argc, argv);
glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_RGB|GLUT_SINGLE);
glutInitWindowSize(800,600);
glutInitWindowPosition(5,20);
glutCreateWindow(“Tutorial 1”);
init();
glutDisplayFunc(display);
glutMainLoop();
return 0;
}

The error messages given by the compiler are as follows:

g++.exe “D:\shudh\ccodes\ogl_vertex_data\ogl_vertex_data est.cpp” -o “D:\shudh\ccodes\ogl_vertex_data\ogl_vertex_data est.exe” -I"C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\include" -I"C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\backward" -I"C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\mingw32" -I"C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2" -I"C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\include" -L"C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib" -lglu32 -lopengl32 -lglut -mwindows
C:\DOCUME~1\SUDDHA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/cce6aaaa.o(.text+0xb2):test.cpp: undefined reference to glutInit' C:\DOCUME~1\SUDDHA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/cce6aaaa.o(.text+0xbe):test.cpp: undefined reference toglutInitDisplayMode’
C:\DOCUME~1\SUDDHA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/cce6aaaa.o(.text+0xd2):test.cpp: undefined reference to glutInitWindowSize' C:\DOCUME~1\SUDDHA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/cce6aaaa.o(.text+0xe6):test.cpp: undefined reference toglutInitWindowPosition’
C:\DOCUME~1\SUDDHA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/cce6aaaa.o(.text+0xf2):test.cpp: undefined reference to glutCreateWindow' C:\DOCUME~1\SUDDHA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/cce6aaaa.o(.text+0x103):test.cpp: undefined reference toglutDisplayFunc’
C:\DOCUME~1\SUDDHA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/cce6aaaa.o(.text+0x108):test.cpp: undefined reference to `glutMainLoop’
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Execution terminated

Hmm…

Normally I’d say you have forgotten -lglut, but you haven’t :rolleyes:

Make sure the glut library is installed on your system (glut.a + glut.dll), and make sure it is not broken… Also I’m not really sure, it’s a long time since I last developed on windows, but could it be that this is called glut32, too?

:frowning: :frowning:

Glut32.dll exists in the system directory and the system32 directory as well.

Now the new errors are there … please see the compile log

Compiler: Default compiler
Executing g++.exe…
g++.exe “D:\shudh\ccodes\ogl_vertex_data\ogl_vertex_data est.cpp” -o “D:\shudh\ccodes\ogl_vertex_data\ogl_vertex_data est.exe” -I"C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\include" -I"C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\backward" -I"C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\mingw32" -I"C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2" -I"C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\include" -L"C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib" -lglu32 -lopengl32 -lglut -lglut32 -mwindows
C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_event.o)(.text+0x319):glut_event.c: undefined reference to glFinish@0' C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_event.o)(.text+0x374):glut_event.c: undefined reference towglSwapBuffers@4’
C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_event.o)(.text+0x3dc):glut_event.c: undefined reference to wglSwapBuffers@4' C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0x18f):glut_win.c: undefined reference towglGetCurrentContext@0’
C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0x196):glut_win.c: undefined reference to wglGetCurrentDC@0' C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0x1b6):glut_win.c: undefined reference towglMakeCurrent@8’
C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0x1d5):glut_win.c: undefined reference to glViewport@16' C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0x1f7):glut_win.c: undefined reference towglMakeCurrent@8’
C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0x216):glut_win.c: undefined reference to glViewport@16' C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0x21e):glut_win.c: undefined reference towglGetCurrentContext@0’
C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0x225):glut_win.c: undefined reference to wglGetCurrentDC@0' C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0x241):glut_win.c: undefined reference towglMakeCurrent@8’
C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0x843):glut_win.c: undefined reference to wglGetCurrentContext@0' C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0x84a):glut_win.c: undefined reference towglGetCurrentDC@0’
C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0x866):glut_win.c: undefined reference to wglMakeCurrent@8' C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0x897):glut_win.c: undefined reference toglDrawBuffer@4’
C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0x8a6):glut_win.c: undefined reference to glReadBuffer@4' C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0xaa1):glut_win.c: undefined reference towglDeleteContext@4’
C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0xb61):glut_win.c: undefined reference to wglMakeCurrent@8' C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0xbd2):glut_win.c: undefined reference towglGetCurrentContext@0’
C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0xbd9):glut_win.c: undefined reference to wglGetCurrentDC@0' C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0xbf5):glut_win.c: undefined reference towglMakeCurrent@8’
C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0xcb4):glut_win.c: undefined reference to wglGetCurrentContext@0' C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0xcbb):glut_win.c: undefined reference towglGetCurrentDC@0’
C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_win.o)(.text+0xcd7):glut_win.c: undefined reference to wglMakeCurrent@8' C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_mesa.o)(.text+0x80):glut_mesa.c: undefined reference toglGetString@4’
C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_mesa.o)(.text+0x91):glut_mesa.c: undefined reference to `glGetString@4’

C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_util.o)(.text+0x281):glut_util.c: undefined reference to glGetError@0' C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_util.o)(.text+0x28d):glut_util.c: undefined reference togluErrorString@4’

C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(win32_glx.o)(.text+0x30d):win32_glx.c: undefined reference to wglCreateContext@4' C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(glut_swap.o)(.text+0x71):glut_swap.c: undefined reference towglSwapBuffers@4’
C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(win32_winproc.o)(.text+0x292):win32_winproc.c: undefined reference to joyReleaseCapture@4' C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(win32_winproc.o)(.text+0x3fc):win32_winproc.c: undefined reference tojoySetCapture@16’
C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(win32_winproc.o)(.text+0x162f):win32_winproc.c: undefined reference to joyGetPosEx@8' C:\apps\Dev-Cpp\lib/libglut32.a(win32_winproc.o)(.text+0x171f):win32_winproc.c: undefined reference tojoyGetPosEx@8’
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Execution terminated