What file format can i use that is textured?

I use Metasequoia… but it doesnt support textures… is there a free cad that suports textures? And what formats do they use?

Which some programs you have to add the texture after you make the object.

There are a few free 3D object editors out there that have formats have been supported by opengl users, who have writen routines to load them. example .OBJ objects, if the program can output it, there are routines to load it

do a search on 3D modellers free

Originally posted by colinisinhere:
I use Metasequoia… but it doesnt support textures… is there a free cad that suports textures? And what formats do they use?

[This message has been edited by nexusone (edited 07-16-2002).]

ok… where r sum tuts for drawing OBJ files?

Do you mean for loading OBJs? Drawing OBJs depends on the software you are using. I would recomend wings3d. That’s what I am currently using because Blender and Electric Image never seem to give consistent vertex windings. (They aren’t meant for realtime graphics work) After using wings3d I texture the object using UVmapper. Both tools are free and available for mac and windows. Wings3d is also available for other UNIX OSs.

Wow!.. thanks a lot… but i went to UVmapper.com and there is onley a demo version where you cant save the file… is that the same UVMapper you r talking about?

And when i try to install wings3d it says
“Unable to Automaticly find Erlang/OTP R8B”
Or somthin like that… how do i fix this?

nm… i got it.

Did you get wings or uvmapper? I don’t know what is wrong with wings there but from uvmapper.com download uvmapper classic, it is free.
Wings is taking a little getting used to for me but it can do some pretty cool stuff when you get used to it. For low poly models I tend to stay away from the builtin smooth command because it often tesselates to much and you have to go in and untesselate alot. One really cool thing to do is to create a sphere or something and extrude by normals. I did that by mistake once while creating a model and like the result so much I used it.