Another stupid question

Ehh…If I try to run the examples I found on this page I get the following error: glut.dll not found.
BUT: all the libraries I downloaded so far have only GLUT32.DLL-s, and it doesn’t work even if I rename the file. Please help…

And another question:
What software ( & hardware?) do I exactly need to begin programming with OpenGL?

Viktor Erdelyi

Hi, maybe your glut32.dll is out of date, you have to copy it to c:\windows\system. to code in opengl you need compiler (preferably c++), the latest drivers for your video card, speaking of hardware you need a 3d video card, unless you are using a very old computer i assume you already have one.

Originally posted by ViKt0r Erdelyi:
[b]Ehh…If I try to run the examples I found on this page I get the following error: glut.dll not found.
BUT: all the libraries I downloaded so far have only GLUT32.DLL-s, and it doesn’t work even if I rename the file. Please help…

And another question:
What software ( & hardware?) do I exactly need to begin programming with OpenGL?

Viktor Erdelyi[/b]
Don’t remember how libraries work under W32. Maybe you need to specify you use glut32 instead of glut. The library should be name glut32.dll.

Software side: you need an OS (presumably W32), a text editor, a compiler (C), a linker and the matching libraries and headers.

Hardware side: a good brain :slight_smile: A gl card (almost all we can find on the market). If you already have a computer, that will be fine.

regards

Thanx guys… it seems to work.