I have tried everything....

I’m really sorry to bother the forums with such a popular question, but nothing seems to work. For the past WEEK (!) I have been trying to compile nehe’s tutorial 6. I’ve gotten into GLUT and (after very much study with compiler and linker) gotten it to work. I have noticed some unstabilities with GLUT however. I would like to continue OpenGL work because I plan to one day make a large application. Onto the problem:

unresovled external auxDIBImageLoadA(stuff) referenced from path_to_obj_file.

I have seen other people ask questions about this, and tried the answers: I have these pragma deals in the code:

#pragma comment(lib, “winmm.lib”)
#pragma comment(lib, “glaux.lib”)
#pragma comment(lib, “glu32.lib”)
#pragma comment(lib, “opengl32.lib”)

I’ve used countless trials of implib, hundreds of downloads and re-downloads, thousands of searchs in forums and the internet and nothing seems to work. I’m two days away from crying about it. I’ve even used regsvr32 on ALL of the dll’s.I’m using Borland’s freecommandlinelools to link & compile. I don’t know what’s wrong. Please, please, please help me with my geek problems.

Thank you for sitting through this incredibly boring post. And thanks in advance for your help.

GLUT is not unstable but the Borland compiler does not ignore some exceptions. You have to disable that in your code. If you recompile GLUT with your Borland compiler will the exceptions be ignored. See the GLUT FAQ.

Some Borland compilers like the free one does not come with the glaux.lib file only the header. You can build it yourself or get a precompiled library. Here is a page with instructions and makefiles for all NeHe tutorials http://sites.netscape.net/ptrpck/borland.htm