QT and Opengl

Hi Guys,
i was trying to figure out the GUI for my programe.I found QT programming is one of the tool to build GUI.I am just wondering , if somebody has an idea about this.Fisrt, i was trying to use GLUI but later i realized that it was not quite upto the mark.So, an idea about the QT will be nice.
Regards,

Tony

Hi !

Qt is a very nice GUI package, but it is also a pretty large one, it gives you similair functionality to MFC, but please do notice that the free version on Windows (2.xx something) is only allowed for free software, you are not allowed to charge any money for your applications.

If you want complete freedom you need to get a licenese and they do cost some money (but you also get version 3.xx).

On linux/unix this is one of the best GUI packages around, but it all depends on what you want to use it for, for a game with some menus and stuff I wouldn’t recommend it, but if you need dialogboxes and other stuff it could be a good choice.

Mikael

I have played with it, nice GUI package with support of multiple OS platforms. I used it with RedHat Linux…

BTW I have not forgot about your input problem…

Originally posted by tony_ee81:
[b]Hi Guys,
i was trying to figure out the GUI for my programe.I found QT programming is one of the tool to build GUI.I am just wondering , if somebody has an idea about this.Fisrt, i was trying to use GLUI but later i realized that it was not quite upto the mark.So, an idea about the QT will be nice.
Regards,

Tony[/b]