Counter Strike OPENGL "FIXED" WINDOWS XP !!!@!!!

LET EVERYONE KNOW, for XP users with nVidia drivers, that a service called Nvidia Driver Helper Service NEEDS to be disabled, thereby fixing said problem that has plagued the world of counterstrike within Windows XP!
I have done like everyone else, frantic search on net, updated drivers, tweaked till my hearts content, no avail! Came across a Service within XP that was running cancelled it, took my hunch to my CounterStrike Icon, clicked, woot woot, I was playing about 5 hours non-stop!! Hope this solves your probs as well, maybe same type of service running for other Graphic Cards!
Servility!

Counter Strike OPENGL “FIXED” WINDOWS XP !!!@!!!—

thanks a lot for the post. I have been having the same problem for a while now. far be it from me, why nvidia has to have a service running. I followed the directions, and BAM! preshadit!

Sorry for asking silly questions, but could you perhaps give detailed instructions on how to “shut down” this service. Been fighting with this problem for quite some time now and can’t wait for the solution.

thanks

http://www.tunexp.com/tips/maintain_your_computer/slow_shutdown/

Btw, tried this and it didn’t help my problem. When I boot my computer, play cs, everything is fine. If I close cs, try starting cs back up again, then I get nothing. It looks as if cs wants to run but then nothing happens. Oh and my color goes down to 8 bit is the only odd thing I notice that’s different. So I have to reboot if I wanna play CS again. This also happens when I run geekplay, hlit, or any other program that accesses CS. (pent 4 1.6 ghz, xp home, gainward ti4600, plenty ram)

ps.

I’ve installed the latest drivers, blah…blah…blah.

lol, gawd it’s late. Not a silly question, just gotta do some “googling”. Also, you might need to switch your control panel to classic view if you wanna find that admistrative tools and such. It’s less of a hassle. Decided to buy nvidia to avoid the seemingly well publicized troubles with ati drivers and this crap happens. All I wanted was 80-100 fps for cs and no bull****. Blah, i’m done bitching, rofl. Hope the website helps.

If you have a problem with running HL a second time (first time is ok) this is a DIRECTX initialization problem that can be easily fixed.

Just run netmeeting in the background (it has to be background) before you start the game and that will initialize the DIRECTX so it doesn’t hang up HL.

You can manually fix the problem too by <crrl><alt><del> once, go to the process window and close any open “HL.EXE” tasks.

netmeeting is part of all win98 and XP distributions and can be set up by going to start button > RUN > CONF

you don’t need to use netmeeting at all,
just leave it running in the background.

qUiCkSiLvEr

I am having a problem with counter strike right now. I can select on online game and play fine but when i disconnect and go to another online game the main screen comes up and not the actual gaming screen. I have to restart counter strike every time i want to play a new online game. I have tried re-installing and it doesnt work, does anyone know why?

i tried waht was mentioned above and it iddn’t work. i keep getting the “Opengl is not supported by your video card”. i have a gf4 mx440 with a p4 2.0 ghz with 512ddr RAM. i can’t run other games as well like warcraft3

Thanks but that trick was about as effective for me as a condom with holes in it LOL!

crayzie, install teh latest video drivers. Download them from their web site, make sure yuo pick the right operating system etc.

Hi, I have WinXP pro. When i put my counter-strike settings on Opengl and try joining a server after an error comes up. The Error says “The selected opengl mode is not suported by your vidoe card.” I also dont know where i go so i can Disable Nvidia Driver Helper Service. If You know how to fix this Please post a reply or send me an e-mail at Quixotic323@hotmail.com

Thank You

every body should just stop posting "im having problems with this that//// somebody help me!!!, try looking around beforw asking ur awser is 90% is already there.
www.activision.com/en_US/home/home.jsp
press support and ask a question, attach ur dxdiag.exe test.

run
dxiag.exe
save all

then press extra documents
ask ur questions in the box and they will get back 2 u. copied off page**

*Your Question is… (English only, not in the US? click the Contact button for regional support)
can u see if my computer and video card can handle return to castle wolfenstein, enemy territory, quake (enter what ever game u entered where it asked u what game) (not shown in this exemple) attached is my dxiag.exe file

*Attach Documents to Question, such as DxDiag.txt/screenshots of errors
1 attach dxiag.exe file here<<<<<

first for chips,

start, control pannel, system then hardware, then device manager look under display adapters,, write down the name and maker of ur card. go on the web and search the maker then download the update for it so exemple i have a rage fury/xpert 2000 pro (ATI TECHNOLIGIES). made my microsoft, go to  [www.ati.com](http://www.ati.com)   , look under find driver / download drivers, find ur driver and instal, then adjust ur settings and try ur game........ should work.. 
...REMEMBER IF UR CARD IS MADE BY A COMPANY U MUST UPDATE IT AT THAT COMPANY IF U DONT IT WONT EVEN WORK.

NOW moniters,

start, control pannel, system then hardware, then device manager, look under moniters and see how many are installed, if you have two installed click one one and disable it. (that is how to fix, but not the problem on my computer, my computer has a plug and play moniter because xp installs stuff itself) 

i hope this helps people when u find ur chip name/ manufacteur just type the name in google and go to there website, u will find the update.

DONT POST WIN.INI FILES OR EROR MESSAGES ITS A ROOM EYESORE, FOR PPL LOOK IN OTHER FORUMS FOR THE ,DVA=O SOLUTION

Most of the problems I see posted here are either application specific or due to very old video drivers (or someone using MS Update and thinking that's all they need).

I have tried switching off the Nvidia Driver Helper Service but however my comp still encountered with the same error…

Now i still can’t play CStrike with opengl…

I am using AMD 1ghz Geforce2 Mx with Win XP

can someone pls advise more? Thanks!

after a few minutes playing counter strike my pc shutdown suddenly. With directgl this not happens.

windows xp, 2000+ geforce4mx.

Latests drivers, yep, this already done
someone nows how this can be fixed?

I am having no luck running Counter Strike with either OpenGL or D3D on XP. The problems are: in either mode mouse look and strafe do not work together,
and when running D3D, after second time around the graphics stays in the (shrunk) game selection view but I can hear the game running.

Any ideas? XP is terrible for games it seems. I should have stayed with Win 98

Regards
Hapkido

I HAVE 2 COMPUTERS, ONES A LAP TOP ONES THIS. ON MY LAPTOP I HADE BOTH GAMES RUNNING SO I JUST WENT IN AND COPIED THE OPEN GL FOLDER FROM RTCW AND FROM SYSTEM OPENGL32.DLL AND EMAILED THEM TO THE COMPUTER WICH MY GAMES WOULD NOT WORK. i JUST COPIED THEM IN AND SAID YES OVERWRITE AND THEN MY GAME WORKED. IF U WANT A MORE DETAILED VERSION OF HOW I FIXED THIS EMAIL ME @

IF ANY ONE WANTS I CAN EMAIL THEN WORKING OPEN GL FOR WOLFENSTEIN AND FOR SYSTEM32.DLL
or email me for a more detailed version of how to.

Originally posted by Hapkido:
[b]I am having no luck running Counter Strike with either OpenGL or D3D on XP. The problems are: in either mode mouse look and strafe do not work together,
and when running D3D, after second time around the graphics stays in the (shrunk) game selection view but I can hear the game running.

Any ideas? XP is terrible for games it seems. I should have stayed with Win 98

Regards
Hapkido [/b]

In reply to NullG with the can’t run CS again after closing it" error.

Are you running CS in compatability mode?
if so turn it off. it fixed it for me.

Does any one know if 1.6 works on XP…